The Sales are soon to get over, have you visited your favorite store to grab great deals yet or not??
I know this post has been a little late, as sales in India had started in mid-January itself, but well Better Late Than Never !!!
Sales are my favorite times to shop and I guess all of us would enjoy shopping during the Sales most too. What could be better than getting the dress you had put your eye-balls on few months back for almost or even lesser than half the original price. But before going out shopping during Sales, here are a few Do's and Dont's one must keep in mind :
- Make a fix budget and carry enough cash and debit/credit cards along so that you don't repent not buying something you liked when money gets over.
- Carry along a big Handbag / Tote bag in which you can keep all the items you shopped for, rather than having to carry different shopping bags.
- Go to a mall or store keeping wide variety of brands, so you can make a choice between different items you want.
- Make a list of basic things you want to purchase, so that you focus on finding them as the first few things when you enter a store.
- Buy quality classic wardrobe items like black pants, trench coat or little black dress.
- Carry a water bottle and iPod / MP3 player along if you are accompanying a shopping crazy friend, who would take hours inside the Dressing room :D
- Go during weekdays and at a time, when the store and dressing rooms would be free. In India, afternoon timings are the best to shop, as most people prefer going to shop later in the evening.
- Plan for a long day because chances are, that you are not the only shopper going bargain hunting.
- Wear comfortable clothing so that you you can move around the stores picking out things freely, and prefer wearing top and jeans if you plan to buy a pair of jeans , t-shirts etc (It would make it easier in the try room).
- You need to either decide to purchase an item or completely forget about the item because it will likely be sold out soon after you leave the store.
- Avoid carrying a credit card, because that would let to over indulge and do impulse purchases which you might repent later when you'll have huge debts.
- Only buy clothes that fit there and then, don't buy a clothing item just because it doesn't have your proper size, but you think you can alter it or wear it once you loose weight. It's totally a waste of money.
- Whenever there is an end of season sale, be a little cautious because as the Season goes the goods which are displayed might not be apt for the next season.
- Don't waste time thinking on a single clothing item, like whether it would go with my this dress and so on. Be quick in your decisions; as you might loose some other better deal waiting across.
- Don't buy anything or everything just because the product belongs to some LUXURY brand you can't afford otherwise, but might never wear or use it in future.
- Don't ignore minor defects like missing buttons, marks or stains etc.; the shopkeepers say they can be corrected easily, but its not always feasible.