Last week I was looking online for some shoes when I thought about different heels I own- and well I proudly own some stilettos, pumps, high heels etc. But then I wondered do we all really know about different types of heels and their distinction?
Then I just searched a lott about them and decided to jot down this post.
So without blabbering much, here it goes-
First of all the definition of HEELS as in Wikipedia- High-heeled footwear (often abbreviated as high heels or simply heels) is footwear that raises the heel of the wearer's foot significantly higher than the toes.So different types of heels are-
- Stiletto- A stiletto heel is a long, thin, high heel found on some boots and shoes. It is named after the stiletto dagger. Stilettos give the optical illusion of a longer, slimmer leg, a smaller foot, and a greater overall height. They also alter the wearer's posture and gait, flexing the calf muscles, and making the bust and buttocks more prominent. ( ahhaa.. that's why they call them the SEXIEST of all heels).
- Wedge heels - A type of shoe, with a round toe and thicker platform sole in the front that narrows towards the back. Wedges have no actual "heel". They look cool if you want to look more "mainstream" but do not actually want to buy spike heels.
- Cone heels- A heel that is wide at the top and narrow at the bottom.
- Kitten heels - A kitten heel is a stiletto heel of 5 centimeters or less in height; some are as low as 3 centimeters. This is an anomaly because a shoe or pump with regular wide heels of 3.5 centimeters high would normally be considered a flat shoes.
- Cuban heels- A broad heel of moderate height with a slightly tapered back and straight front, used in shoes and some boots.
- Spool Heels- A spool heel is a heel that is wide at the top and bottom and narrower in the middle. Spool heels were first popular in Europe during the Early Georgian era (1715-1750).
- Platform heels- With a high heel at the rear, and a flat, uplifted support in the front part of the sole, platform enable you to maintain balance easily. Someone said that platform sexy high heels is a cheaters way to have very high heels and this is not difficult, because a 6" heel with a 3" platform feels the same as wearing a 3" heel.
- Pumps- High heels pumps are a closed-toe shoe that covers the toes with a high heel at the rear. The shoe uppers on the sides of pumps extend around the back of the foot to cover the sides and heel of the foot. But there are also open toed pumps which have the end of the toe box cut out so the toes show.