Few weeks back I had attended the launch of The Body Shop's new BB cream at their Connaught Place outlet in Delhi. And, finally after having used this cream daily for last 2 weeks, I am here with my review of the BB cream.
The Body Shop's new BB cream is a part of their famous Tea Tree range which is most suitable for oily or blemished skin. I have a combination skin which tends to have acne in the hotter months of the year therefore I was really excited to know that this BB is suitable for blemished skin as I am a fan of BB creams.
I have already used 3 products of the Tea Tree range - Toner, face wash and Tea Tree oil - which are a part of my daily skincare regime as well.
What the brand says about the BB cream -
"Perfect your complexion and fight the look of blemishes with our Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream. This dual action cream gives you flawless coverage whilst tackling the appearance of blemishes. Formulated with purifying Community Fair Trade organic tea tree oil from Kenya. - Blemishes and imperfections are instantly covered - Lightweight formula gives shine-free complexion - 3 shades blend seamlessly into all skin tones for natural-looking coverage/"
Here's my experience with the cream -
- I picked the 02 shade of the range as 01 was too light for my complexion. The cream comes in a standard tube packaging of the brand and contains 40ml of the cream.
- I tried applying the cream with a Beauty Blender I picked from Forever 21 for a few days, but I realized it is best to apply it with fingertips as that way it gets blended easily and evenly.
- One has to be really careful while taking out the product as the texture is really runny, and squeezing the tube too hard brings out extra quantity.
- The cream spreads evenly on the face and gives decent coverage by hiding blemishes and acne spots.
- I love the fact that the cream has a lightweight formula which doesn't feel heavy on the face. I have tried many BB creams and all of them have made me sweat a lot in summer months. So, I am glad the Tea Tree BB cream lets my skin breathe. Also, the cream gives a cool sensation after application which settles down after a while.
|Applied just the BB cream and a lip balm stain|
- I apply this cream once a day in the morning and the coverage lasts for good 6-7 hours.