Hope you all are doing great and enjoying the onset of summer. A few days back I had posted on Instagram a picture of the Godrej Expert hamper I received which had some delicious treats and samples of their Rich Crème Hair Colour.
Well, finally I am ready with a Review of the Godrej Expert Rich Crème Hair Colour.
My first attempt with Hair Colour was back in 2014, when I went for an Ombre hair colour. I have had many hair issues in the past, and therefore have been very careful while trying any new hair products or treatments. My hair health has really improved in the recent times, all thanks to two Keratin treatments, good nutrition and homeopathic treatment.
But still, when it comes to experimenting with hair. I always prefer expert advise before I try anything new
So when it came to trying the Godrej Expert hair colour, I decided to pay a visit to my doctor as I am undergoing a Homeopathic hair treatment and I was advised to avoid any hair colour for atleast 2 months.
And then I had to turn to a friend who loves colouring her hair and was very keen to try the Godrej Expert Rich Crème Hair Colour .
Before I move to the Pros and Cons of the hair colour, here are the details about the product :
"Imagine five beautiful shades of colour and that too, with the grey coverage that you have always dreamed of.
We have them right here.
But that's not what makes our crème really special. Here's our secret - it is enriched with aloe and milk protein conditioning formula. No wonder then, it makes your hair so incredibly soft. And it gets even better. Our crème doesn't contain ammonia; so, it saves your hair from all that damage.*
With hair so healthy, your beauty just shines through."
Available Colors : Natural Black (1.00), Black Brown (3.00), Dark Brown (4.06), Natural Brown (4.00), & Burgundy (4.16)
I received the multi-application packs which consist of a Colourant (Tube) & Developer (Bottle), and 2 Conditioner sachets .
Perform a Skin Hypersensitivity test 48 hours before the desired application as directed on the packaging.
Step 1 : Keep a plastic or glass bowl handy with an application brush and gloves to mix and apply the color safely.
Step 2 : Add the required quantity of the Colourant in the bowl.
Step 3 : Add the same quantity of the Developer in the bowl (ratio 1:1)
Step 4 : Mix the two to form a paste that has to be applied evenly to the hair.
Step 5 : Apply the mixture on washed and dried hair with a brush. Leave it on for 30 minute and rinse thoroughly with water.
Step 6 : Gently massage the provided conditioner to the length and ends of rinsed moist hair. Leave on for 3 minutes and then rinse well with water.
Well, this was the application part. Here's the experience of my friend after the application (she has naturally black hair and used the shade Burgundy over her previously colored hair) :
- During the application, the product didn't cause any dizziness or irritation unlike other hair colours. Godrej Expert Rich Crème Hair Colour is enriched with aloe vera and milk protein which kept the hair so soft and shiny.
- The product provided an even color in exactly 30 minutes, and covered all the light hair in a rich Burgundy shade.
- The colour left the hair so soft and shiny and this must be because of the goodness ingredients of Aloe and Milk Protein
- It did an efficient job of covering all the grey hairs as well.
- The packaging is really convenient and it is very easy to use at home.
- The product is quite reasonably priced and pocket-friendly for those who prefer to color their hair regularly.
- It's free from ammonia which gave the hair a gorgeous colour and also the Dekhbhaal it needs.
- It does not leave any foul smell after washing and dying, and is easy to wash off the hands in case of accidental contact.
Not really. However, just use a separate towel to wipe hair after coloring as it gives off a little bit when you rinse the hair.
Overall, she was quite happy with the results of the product and surely recommends it for a regular use, especially because it's so reasonably priced.
Well, I just can't wait to complete my medication and try this amazing product on my hair as well, as my grey hair really need some hiding now. :D